Friday, 12 April 2013

Finish-it-up Friday

Do you know about the 'finish it up Friday' series on Amanda Jean's blog? It's a weekly feature where you can share a link to something you've finished. I'm a great starter of projects and, as I've said before, tend to have trouble finishing things off... Well, this week I completed something that I've been working on for years. I mean years - I've lost count of how many exactly, but it's not impossible that it might be into double figures. It deserves a proper post, and it'll get one when I can press-gang my sister into taking some decent photos for me (and I will do something about the creases then too). But for now, just let it be known that I FINISHED MY QUILT!
A bunch of old t-shirts and 200m of hand quilting...

10 comments:

  1. I can't work out from the caption to the last pic whether you mean it is a quilt made from both fabric and wool?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, sorry, I don't quite follow you! But in fact it does have old woollen blankets inside, rather than quilt batting. The hand quilting is done with cotton embroidery thread.

      Delete
  2. I like this quilt!
    Almoast looks like 3-D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simply beautiful quilt. I love how you've turned recycling in to a stylish aesthetic, not just a way to use up old stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Useful, beautiful, and recycled is a kind of 'holy trinity' of crafting for me (I try to make most things at least 2 out of the 3), so thank you for this comment, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  4. Oh, it looks fabulous! What a great feeling you must have! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure it's quite sunk in yet that's it's finished - I keep going over to the end of the sofa looking for it to do a few rows of stitching...

      Delete
  5. It is absolutely lovely Nina! I LOVE the colors!
    I actually just stepped out for a break while tidying in my craft corner- oh boy do I have unfinished projects! there is a ganny square blanket there - wel there are the squares I started that project 10 - ten- years ago! OH my! I will join the finishing up Friday link for sure!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk, Krisha! Confession: I have a bag of granny squares lying half-forgotten in a cupboard too... Maybe every crafter does??

      Delete